Subject: dongle + parnet? -Reply
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 1995 13:27:07 -0600

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Received: by netcom12.netcom.com (8.6.9/Netcom)
	id VAA02935; Tue, 7 Feb 1995 21:17:01 -0800
Received: from nova.unix.portal.com by netcom19.netcom.com
(8.6.9/Netcom)
	id UAA21101; Tue, 7 Feb 1995 20:51:17 -0800
Received: from hobo.online.portal.com (hobo.online.portal.com
[156.151.5.5]) by nova.unix.portal.com (8.6.9/8.6.5) with ESMTP id
UAA22714 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 7 Feb 1995 20:51:03
-0800
Received: (pccop@localhost) by hobo.online.portal.com (8.6.7/8.6.5) id
UAA20396 for [email-masked]; Tue, 7 Feb 1995 20:49:47
-0800
Lines: 7
Date: Tue,  7 Feb 95 20:49:46 PST
X-Origin: The Portal System (TM)
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

Hi... what kind of experiences do you have trying to hook a parnet cable
to the lightwave 3.5 dongle's passthru? I have heard this may or may not
work due to the dongle passing or not passing thru the pins properly.

Thanks, Harv [email-masked]

Harv,

>From what I've gleaned from folks talking about this on the NewTek BBS,
there is now software called SerNet, which uses the serial port for
transfers.  That shareware is available on NewTek's board, and avoids
the dongular headaches  :).  I've heard that the the LWSA dongle will
NOT allow ParNet to work properly.

May all  your surfaces be normal!